Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Ritz and JoJo Update





Note in this very short video that JoJo has a very messy hair-do and is ready to be clipped. The hair on his tail is long and matted. So we headed off to the beauty school to have them give him a new look. Since his tail was so matted we thought it best to go ahead and have them clip it down very short. As I mentioned note how it looks in the video.

Although I knew that a dog could be embarrassed when they were clipped too short; little did I know that it would be so traumatic for JoJo. We did this over two weeks ago and he is just getting back to "normal". He could not get from sitting on the bed to sitting on the sofa fast enough. We had to carry him outside and close the door behind us to get him to go potty; when he finished he would run for the door to get back inside and up on the sofa.




He looked so pretty but so sad too. Notice the tail. Usually it is curled up into a tight coil. I have not been able to capture a picture of it yet. When I do I will post it; it really does look funny.




































Over the past two weeks we have made a significant amount of headway. He is going outside, is enjoying his walks, and plays with his brother Ritz as in the clip above.

What a joy they both have brought to our lives.

I cannot just let JoJo have all the show. This picture is the last weekend in September; we took the boys for a ride in the corvette. Ritz loves to sit in the middle and keep an eye on everything. JoJo on the other hand is comfortable just relaxing in my lap.







Note the tight grip that we have to keep on Ritz, even when in the car. He really does not like me taking pictures of him. What a funny dog!

















No comments: