Friday, January 16, 2009

CONTINUED THANKS

In my study Wednesday we were enlightened with an object lesson. The object was a pair of ordinary eye glasses. The question was how do these eye glasses reflect the Glory of God? I am changing it a bit to say what things can I be thankful for because of my glasses?

The lenses are made out of glass (at least some are) and glass is made of sand, someone had to figure out that if you heat the sand it melts and becomes glass. Sand is nontransparent but when you melt it it becomes transparent. Over 30% of the world consists of sand. Who created the sand?

Then there is the fact that once the glass is created we are blessed with doctors who can tell us what lenses we will need in order for us to see clearer.

Add to that the person who creates the lenses for you in order for you to see clearer.

The frames fit over your ears (the ones you hear with), and rests on your nose (you have the sense of smell), and holds the lenses that give you clearer vision so you can read.

This is a condensed version of the 10 minute lesson that was shared with us. It caused me to think that something as simple as a pair of glasses can cause me to be thankful for a numerous amount of things such as:

Sand; inventors; creators; doctors; my eyes (sight); my nose; my ears; ability to read; teachers that taught me to read; and clearer vision.

I can see clearer now the reason I should give thanks in everything I have.

This is only a few of the things that I can be thankful for because of a pair of glasses.

No comments: